Year 7 to 10
The Soccer Program is delivered as part of the Australian Curriculum students apply their passion through curriculum in a co-ed sport context. Some single gender classes exist where possible. The sports programs provide opportunities to learn, practise and develop skills in a rapidly developing sport, have fun and enjoyment playing sport with a team & group focus, apply skills and strategies in local, State and National competitions
Both boys and girls have an opportunity to pursue a comprehensive study of their sport by imparting a high level of expertise in theoretical knowledge, technique and skills, fitness and game awareness through combining specialist curriculum with the Physical Education Australian Curriculum in a co-ed sport context. Some single gender classes exist where possible. Students will study topics including technique, fitness, officiating programs, sports nutrition, injury management and healthy lifestyle choices.
Playing opportunities include state-wide knockout competitions in 11-a-side, outdoor 5-a-side & Futsal (indoor soccer) for both boys & girls, Interschool Challenges, Lunchtime competitions, State and National Soccer Teams and optional Saturday morning Soccer.
If you are keen to try a new sport and love being physically active, we would love to see you come and try the Soccer Program.
This program will be planned with rigor including:
- training/accreditation opportunities
- a career path component in the Sports Industry e.g. sports trainee, sport & recreation
- strong community links with – Cove Soccer Club and FFSA (Football Federation South Australia) – coaches in the school, promote HCS in the sport club, finding community coaching opportunities.
For the Year 7-9 students, the course is designed to prepare the player with the knowledge and competency of the technical fundamentals of the game of Soccer. It offers both boys and girls an opportunity to pursue a comprehensive study of Soccer by imparting a high level of expertise in theoretical knowledge, technique and skills, fitness and game awareness.
As studentâ€™s progress through the program into the senior school they will have exposure to the following opportunities:
- A high level of technical, physical, social and psychological player development
- Specialist coaching from FFSA
- A practical link to a career or part time employment pathway to the Sport and Recreation Industry (VET units) and the attainment of associated certificates and accreditation
- Specific practical strategies to support leadership roles such as player, coach, referee, administrator, trainer or mentor in the school system or the community
Like any other focus subjects it will have a fee. The fee (approximately $290.00) will cover items such as soccer uniform (shorts and top) and association accreditation fees including coaching and refereeing courses.
Trials for students seeking to gain a place in the Soccer Program will be conducted early Term 2 at Âé¶¹ÊÓÆµ Cove School. Please see forms below for more information about trials.
For further information contact Sandy Roach (R-12 SSO Sports Coordinator) on 83921020. Alternatively email Sandy Roach onÌýsandy.firstname.lastname@example.org.